With the economic growth in the GCC, there has been an increase in demand for employment legislation and regulation. Our team is up-to-date with the constantly evolving changes in the labour and employment laws, and as such we are responsible for advising employers and/or employees on their labour rights.
Unlike many jurisdictions, businesses in the UAE are required to fulfill certain requirements, with both the immigration authorities and the Ministry of Labour & Social Affairs, if they wish to employ staff in the UAE, or submit visa applications. Therefore, prior to hiring employees it is highly recommended to familiarize yourself with the Labour Laws and, if necessary, seek legal advice.
As a preventive law practice, we advise clients on how to structure their recruitment, hiring, advancement, disciplinary measures, staff reduction, termination policies and procedures to comply with the labour law.
Typically, we assist clients with:
- Benefit Schemes and Incentives – advice on the creation and management of all forms of staff benefit and incentive schemes.
- Contentious Representation – Provide guidance in contentious matters.
- Contractual Documentation – preparation of offer letters, standard form employment contracts, and letters of termination.
- Immigration and Ministry of Labour Regulation – Advice on residency and employment status issues, employee registration formalities, short-term assignments and secondment arrangements, statutory end of service entitlements, and termination considerations.
- Transactional advice – Advice on employment aspects of commercial transactions